I don’t usually post syrup style recipes on here but, due to a request for the thyme syrup used in my previous post, I thought I’d make an exception.
This is one of the more fragrant syrups out there and you need to be careful how much thyme you use. the best thing to do is to start with 2 sprigs and add more if you want more flavour…
Fresh Thyme Simple Syrup
2-5 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- Stir water and sugar together in a non-stick saucepan over a low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Let simmer for 2 minutes – DO NOT boil.
- Gently rub the thyme with your hands as you drop it into the syrup.
- Once the thyme is added, remove pan from the heat.
- Let steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain into a sterilised jar with a fine strain.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.