Now I know it’s been back for a while now, but if you’re anything like me then you’llbe watching them all over again any day now.
And this time why not add a little more fun into the mix (if that were even possible) with some cocktails that are perfect for the show. Whether you’re scared of seals like Buster or just like to drink all day long like Lucille. Er-hem.
That classic drink for that classic show:
2 measures Tequila
1 measure Lime Juice
½ measure Triple sec
Shake the ingredients over ice and strain into a cocktail glass.
Chocolate Banana Loco
1 measure Crème De Banane
1 measure Crème De Cacao
2 measures Vodka
2 measures Cream
1) Shake all ingredients over ice and serve in a rocks glass.
2) Garnish with a vanilla pod and a grating of nutmeg.
1 cup crushed ice
¼ cup vodka
¼ cup Blue Curacao
¼ whipping cream
2 tablespoons Vanilla syrup (I like to use Licor 43 here)
2 tablespoons Orange Juice
1 tablespoon Cointreau
1) Combine the ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
2) Spread the mixture out over 4 cocktail glasses (Martini Glasses)
3) Garnish with an orange wheel on each glass.
Dark N’ Stormy
2 measures Goslings Black Seal Rum
Top up Ginger Ale
Lime wedge for garnish
1) Fill a glass with ice and squeeze in the lime juice.
2) Top up with ginger ale.
3) Float the dark rum on top of the drink (quick take a picture).
4) Stir well before drinking.
This classic is a fantastic summer evening drink, both crisp and refreshing; it’s the cocktail equivalent of a nice cold bottle of cider (only far better obviously).
This also ties into the post’s theme as the patented (that’s right this drink is patented!) recipe needs to include Goslings Black Seal Rum. That’s right; Goslings patented a cocktail – cheeky buggers.
Stars N’ Stripes
1 measure Stolichnaya Blueberry Vodka
¼ measure Absinthe
¼ measure Sugar Syrup
Splash of lemon juice
2 tablespoons Chambord
Top up Ginger ale
1) Muddle the blueberries in a cocktails shaker with the sugar syrup.
2) Add the vodka, absinthe & lemon juice, shake well over ice.
3) Pour into an tumbler (do not strain).
4) Drizzle with the Chambord (use combination of 50% Chambord, 50% Brandy if you have some).
5) Top up with ginger ale and garnish with a sugar cube and a few blueberries.
A very patriotic American cocktail, if you want to try something a little more, American, try substituting the vodka for Rye Whisky (or Bourbon).
60ml White rum
15ml Sugar Syrup
½ lime (chopped into 4)
6-8 Mint Leaves
Top up club soda
1) Drop in the mint leaves and place the lime chunks skin up on top.
2) Muddle gently to release the limes juice, and oils (from both the lime and mint).
3) Add the sugar syrup and gently mix.
4) Fill ¾ of the glass with crushed ice.
5) Pour in the rum, and top up with more ice.
6) Top up with the club soda (you can also use sparkling water)
7) Garnish with a mint sprig and lime wedge. Serve with straws…
A truly great summer cocktail, this refreshing drink is perfect for an Arrested binge…
20ml Fresh Lime Juice
5ml Sugar Syrup
Shake over ice and strain into a coupe glass.
This classic cocktail, again, is great for watching arrested development. Feel above the Bluthe’s as you sip on your classy cocktail…
15ml Fresh Lime Juice
30ml Cranberry Juice
1) Shake all ingredients over ice.
2) Double strain into a cocktail glass.
3) Garnish with a lime wheel.
Another classic this cocktail is for the ladies… Combining some great ingredients, this is the lighter version of a martini (the cranberry juice waters down the alcohol).
Frozen Banana Daiquiri
20ml Lime Juice
5ml Triple Sec
5ml sugar syrup
15ml Crème de Banane
1) Place all ingredients in a blender with crushed ice and blend until smooth.
2) Pour into a daiquiri cocktail glass.
3) Top with a splash of crème de Banane and a Maraschino Cherry.
Banana Sambuca Shooter
50ml clear Sambuca
15ml Crème De Banane
1) In a blender, combine the Sambuca, banana and crème de banane with crushed ice.
2) When smooth, pour into shot glasses and serve with a caramelised banana slice.
Lucille 1’s Vodka Martini
1 bottle of vodka.
Cocktail glass (optional)
Open bottle and drink. Use a glass if you can be bothered. If there are Olive’s available, demand someone to fetch them for you…
The perfect Pimms cup
Note: This recipe is for a pitcher sized portion, and will serve 4.
½ small cucumber, sliced (lengthways)
8 sliced strawberries
½ orange, sliced
½ lemon, sliced
½ green apple, sliced
1 cup (250ml) Pimms
3 cups (750ml-1L) Citrus Soda (can be any kind)
Mint sprigs to garnish
Optional: 125-250ml London Dry Gin
1) In a large pitcher, layer the fruit with ice until full.
2) Add the pimms (and optional gin) and soda.
3) Serve when ready.
This is truly a british take on Arrested Development. It’s as popular over here as it is in the States, and it’s only fair to share our input… Try using Cola for a slightly American feel, should you feel guilty.
2 Frozen Bananas (sliced)
4 shots cooled expresso
1 ½ cups (350ml) milk
2 teaspoons Cocoa powder
2 pitted, medjool dates
1 table ground flax seeds
1) Blend all ingredients until smooth (use a high setting for best results).
2) Divide up between two glasses, garnish with a chocolate & sprinkle covered banana slice and serve immediately.
So there you have it, some great cocktails for watching a great show with. For best results, make in huge batches and invite all your mates over. They’ll love you for it, I promise you that!
For a little added spice, why not try this specifically made up drinking game?
Arrested Development is available on Netflix (UK & USA), and even the new season (funded and created by Netflix themselves) is available. What are you waiting for?
For some other funny/serious cocktails and arrested development info check out these links:
So how did you like that? Want more? Well here’s a little background information on my next post… It’s still cocktail related, so as to the direction of it, I’ll let you decide for yourselves…
Coming Soon to the Fervent Shaker: