I wrote a plethora of posts about Cointreau in my very first year of blogging, and even revisited the spirit when I attended a garden party back in 2013, further to that I also wrote a collection of summer cocktails themed on the orange beauty of a spirit.
Those posts have held their own with the latter mentioned consistently hitting high daily views. Because of this I thought I’d revisit one of my favourite liqueurs once more. This time I’ll share several collections of cocktails that are based on, or use as a focus, Cointreau.
With this post, I’ll aim to look at several original Cointreau cocktails, the new collection of Cointreau official cocktails, new summer cocktails, Cointreau classic cocktails, as well as a few little single recipe posts.
So with the above in mind, let’s look at 3 original, or different, Cointreau cocktails…
1. Winter Sun Cocktail
60ml Clementine Juice
15ml Fresh Lemon Juice
Garnish: Sprig of Rosemary, Lemon Zest & Sugar
- Moisten the rim of a large rocks glass with the lemon.
- Grate the zest of a lemon into some sugar and mix. Upturn the glass and dip into the lemon sugar to garnish the glass.
- Fill the glass with ice, add the ingredients and stir well.
- Garnish, finally, with the rosemary sprig.
2. Awaiting Grace
50ml Absolut Vanilla
1 Tsp Brown Sugar
Top up Cloudy Apple Juice
5 basil leaves
- Muddle the basil with the sugar in the bottom of a Collins glass.
- Add a lime wedge and pour in the spirits.
- Add ice and stir well.
- Top up with the apple juice.
- Stir once more and serve with a straw.
3. Bourbon Sidecar
1m Lemon Juice
- Shake ingredients, for around 10-15 seconds, over ice.
- Strain into a well-chilled rocks glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.