Up-cycling Tequila (and its friends)
So I always end up with half empty bottles. Left right and centre. A lot of them take up space I need and shamefully I’ve been guilty of throwing out more than a few of these ‘casualties’ of war.
So what can we, as responsible adults, do to combat the shameful wasting of perfectly good alcohol? Well let me share with you some recipes that are perfect for using up old ingredients and opened bottles of booze you might have lying around the house.
There are four (4) recipes in this post, all of which make use of the odd amounts of alcohol you may have lying around. Even if you don’t have the particular type of alcohol available you can gather ideas from how the recipes are put together and tweak them to suit your available spirits!
Without further ado, let’s look at those recipes:
#1 Homemade Fruity Winter Punch
2L Sparkling Wine
Garnish: Citrus Fruits, Winter berries & star anise
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large punch bowl.
- Add sliced fruit and chill well.
- If serving with ice fill up shortly before serving.
- If serving chilled without ice, take out of the fridge at the last second.
#2 Winter Pimms
500ml Pimms #1
1.5L Apple Juice
Garnish: 2 cinnamon sticks, 2 apples, 2 oranges
- Add all one by one and stir well.
- Leave for 30 minutes for cinnamon flavour to develop more.
- Heat all ingredients – except the ice and fruit.
- Add fruit after.
#3 Belvoir Spiked Mulled Winter Punch
1.5L Belvoir Mulled Winter Punch
Garnish: blackcurrants, oranges, apples, limes, lemons etc…
- Combine in the punch bowl.
- Add sliced fruit and ice.
#4 Aromatic Spiced Winter Punch
2L apple juice
250ml Ginger & lemongrass cordial
Garnish: 6 cinnamon sticks, 12 star anise, 12 cloves, 4 lemons
- Slice lemons into wedges and squeeze a few into a punch bowl.
- Add other ingredients and stir.
- Leave for 30-45 minutes (cover and chill in the fridge for faster cooler).
- Add ice just before serving.