Caipirinha de Tangarina
½ very sweet Tangerine
1 or 2 Teaspoons Demerara Sugar (to taste)
- Peel the tangerine and place in a chilled rocks glass.
- Sprinkle over the sugar and muddle gently until the sugar dissolves
- Add crushed ice and pour in the Cachaca.
- Stir well and top up with crushed ice.
- Garnish with a tangerine segment and serve with a straw.
This cocktail is based on a traditional Brazilian Caipirinha, which is a great cocktail, but the tangerine twist makes this already fantastic drink a little more special.
I know what you’re thinking; “lies, this drink is too good to tweak” well, I dare you to try it! Pick the sweetest tangerine you can find and don’t be afraid to chuck in a few extra pieces for added zing.
Although this drink is a tweaked Caipirinha, it holds its own in both taste and the look; taking on a stunning orange hue courtesy of the fruit.