My Sweet Valentine: 5 Cocktails you should be drinking this Valentine’s Day
Cocktails: Made, literally, with love…
Here below are 5 of the best cocktails you’ll be drinking this Valentine’s Day. Some will open the door for you, others might just slam it in your face; pick wisely and, as always, enjoy in moderation…
Please note: These cocktails are so good you’ll be wanting more and more, so they are best used for the love of your life, and if you’re single why not invite a few friends over and celebrate an argument free life – after all you shouldn’t miss out. Right?!
1) Agave Kiss
2 measures Very Smooth Silver Tequila
1 measure Crème De Cacao
1 measure Double Cream
½ measure Chambord
Garnish: White Chocolate flakes & Fresh Raspberries.
- Rim a cocktail glass with the flakes of white chocolate (use some lime juice/water as adhesive)
- Combine the ingredients over ice and shake until
This drink is a mixture of pure bliss with a splash of Tequila. Blending chocolate, raspberry and tequila with the cream in this cocktail brings out the best of all the different flavours and then finishes it off with a smooth creamy texture that only double cream can supply. Hint: The smoother the tequila the better the overall taste of this drink.
2) Love Potion
30ml Sipsmith Vodka
20ml Sipsmith Damson Vodka
2 fresh strawberries
½ a lime
10ml sugar syrup
35ml Pineapple Juice
20ml Mango Juice
1 shot of strawberry Champagne
- Muddle the strawberries and sugar syrup in a shaker and then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Shake well, over ice, until the shaker ices over and strain into a martini glass.
- Serve next to a shot of strawberry champagne.
This cocktail is a perfect fit for this year’s Valentine’s day; utilising one of the best gins in the world (and the only one distilled in London) as well as some fabulous creativity with the addition of a strawberry champagne shot.
If you can’t be bothered to stay in and make your own then make your way to the ‘Kensington Palace Restaurant & Fish Shop’ this February 14th as this is their valentine cocktail this year.
3) Frosted Rose
25ml Orange Juice
25ml Pineapple Juice
50ml Cranberry Juice
- Combine the ingredients over ice and shake well until the shaker ices over.
- Strain into a martini glass and serve well.
This cocktail is one of the lighter options on this list, using only the one measure of spirit – but that’s not to say it’s any less tasty. It’s similar to a sea breeze but with the added exotic flavour pineapple juice brings with it. If you want to tweak the flavours slightly then Peach Schnapps is a good addition (yes so it becomes more like a Sex on the Beach).
4) Cherubs Cup
1 measure St. Germain Liqueur
2 measure Vodka
¾ measure Lemon Juice
¼ measure sugar syrup
3 muddled strawberries
Top Up Rose Champagne
Garnish: halved strawberries
- Shake over ice and strain into an ice filled glass. Add in some strawberry halves here.
- Top with the rose champagne and garnish with a left over strawberry half.
The cherub’s cup is a cocktail perfect for those summer nights on the veranda, but seeing as the summers in the UK are nothing but a damp squib (no they really are rather damp) this cocktail becomes perfect for those romantic evenings with loved ones, so it kind of makes sense to include it on this list. Using the best the French have to offer (St. Germain Liqueur & Champagne) this cocktail really does spark things up when it comes to a romance. Looking the part and tasting delicious; if you hand your date one of these they will be readily impressed – just make sure they aren’t allergic to strawberries first…
5) Besame (Kiss Me)
50ml El Jimador Blanco (Silver) Tequila
2 lime wedges
Top up Passion Fruit Juice
1 teaspoon Chambord
- Muddle the lime wedges and raspberries in a highball glass.
- Add the tequila, stir and fill with crushed ice.
- Top up with the passion fruit juice and stir well.
- Top up with the crushed ice and float a teaspoon of Chambord on top of the drink.
For an added twist mix, shake the ingredients before added to an ice filled glass.
Aptly named, this drink is a colourful mixture again using tequila. Whilst not known for the abundance of female drinkers, Tequila can be a beautifully balanced spirit (if chosen correctly). Like other spirits the smoother the tequila the better and this drink utilises that fact. Smooth Silver tequila blended with some tropical flavours result in not only a stunning red hue, but also one of the better tasting cocktail on this list.